Time for a smallish update on a few miscellaneous things that have had my attention during the week. The first thing I wanted to look at this week was the credit button on the front of the cabinet. It’s functioning correctly, but I was eager to disassemble it and give it a clean.
One of the first things I wanted to when I got the machine was have a look at the game board and power wiring. Most of this lives behind the backglass. There is a lock on the top right of the machine. Sadly this lock came with no key, and I could not locate one inside the machine. Looking at the lock, it appeared that the previous owner had also misplaced the keys as the lock itself looked like it had been attacked with a screwdriver. Using a screwdriver myself, I undid the lock.
With the lock undone, I could then slide the actual backglass up and out to reveal the bulbs, score displays and door containing the components.
The lock itself controls a long metal rail that runs across the top of the backglass. With the lock engaged, the backglass cannot be moved. With the lock open, it removes the metal rail, allowing the backglass to be slid up and out.
After playing my Nugent a lot over the last two weeks, I decided it was time to make some improvements to the gameplay – this means giving some attention to the playfield. For now, I’m keeping it simple but in the long run I plan to use some Novus 2 and wax along with leveling the inserts to really improvement playfield.
First step was to get access to the playfield. To do this, I need to remove the lockdown bar which side across the end of the pinball table. Just inside the coin door – at the top right – is a handle. Pulling this to the left unlocks the lockdown bar.