A little while ago I began a little demo to play with fonts, but put it in the incomplete basket as I moved onto more interesting things. I came across the half complete program yesterday, and decided to finish it up and throw it up as another sample. I have having incomplete projects 🙂
Something a bit different for the 11th instalment in my corona samples series – XML parsing. I’ve turned my focus onto developing a game lately, and have been playing around with the Lime engine. There are some aspects of it I’m not happy with, so began rewriting it. One part (which isn’t really part of Lime) is the XML parsing. When it loads a .tmx file, it parses the lot in one hit. It’s not too slow, but there is a noticeable pause when loading, parsing and then generating the level. I’m building a new engine, based off Lime, that will allow asynchronous loading and level generation – meaning it’s possible to have a loading bar, animation, audio, etc going at the same time.