Not long ago, Starship Fantasy reproduced the large helmet plastic for Bride of Pinbot. When some became available through their distributor here in Australia, I didn’t hesitate to order one for my game. The box then sat on my shelf for a number of months, patiently awaiting the day I’d get around to actually installing it. Finally, that day had come. The original helmet in my game isn’t terrible, but it’s certainly showing signs of age along with some small sections broken where it attaches to the playfield. Since I had put so much effort into the rest of the game, it felt wrong not to grace the Bride with a new helmet.
So close to the end now on Dracula. Time to check the final things off the to do list and get the game ready to go home. Something worth doing on all your games is replacing the batteries on the main board with a remote battery pack. This means any leakage will be kept away from the board and you’re only need to replace a $3 part. I build these myself, with all parts purchased from Bunnings (for the wooden dowel) and Jaycar (for the rest).