A minor update – although quite a few things done.
First up was finishing the yellow paint. I ended up going 5 coats in the end, with enough paint left over in the tin to touch up plenty of spots should anything go wrong in the near future. Once the yellow was done, I pulled out the left over black high gloss from my Galaga cab and found there was enough to get several coats onto the display area. I ended up going 3 coats here – it seemed to be fine.
I’ve been a bit slack with photos and updates over the past 3 weeks, although have been busy most nights and weekends getting in a hour or two here and there to move the project along.
The control panel was something I really enjoyed doing on my last project, and I am looking forward to getting it completed for this one also. The artwork has been ordered, and the acrylic is still to be purchased. Meanwhile, I decided to cut out the joystick, button and bolt holes to be ready for the next stage. A hole saw here was very useful – as was a 240V drill. I cut the first two button holes with my 14V cordless – never again – too weak, too slow, too annoying. 240V all the way. The control panel will support dual joysticks – for use with Robotron on the 19 in 1 board, along with 6 player 1 buttons to support most horizontal games. The P1 and P2 start buttons are located on the small front face of the control panel.
My assault on the Wonderboy high score continues. Scores in the 700K to 800K have come and gone. Now hovering around the 900K mark, with two scores just short of 1,000,000.