A little while ago, I was inspired by some work done by a fellow Aussie Arcade member on a series of fight sticks (Link).
After some planning and design, I thought I would try my hand at creating my own fight stick also.
First up was to decide on a button layout and size. I knew I wanted to have 8 player buttons, along with select, start and guide buttons since this is to work on a PS3 and Xbox360 console. I have gone with a top face size of 300 x 200mm. With the side panels added, this increases out slightly. With that decided on, and a button layout, I went about cutting the top panel to size, and cutting out the main player buttons and joystick hole.
Work on the cab has been a little slow of late. Lack of time, and at a stage where it’s mostly planning what next and how to achieve some things. But this weekend was very fruitful.
My first task was to get both control panels constructed and ready to attach to the cab (along with painting, applying artwork, etc). This was quite easy and just a copy of the first one.
A few weeks back now, I released a sample for the Corona SDK showing off a basic raycasting engine.
After playing around with sprite sheets in the last week, I decided to see how they would go applied to the render system in the raycast sample to get textured walls.
For the seventh entry in my Corona samples, I decided to share a small test sample I wrote to learn a little bit about sprites under Corona.
The sixth Corona sample I’m sharing shows off rendering a 3D object, using different types of 3D rendering.