Work on the cab has been a little slow of late. Lack of time, and at a stage where it’s mostly planning what next and how to achieve some things. But this weekend was very fruitful.
My first task was to get both control panels constructed and ready to attach to the cab (along with painting, applying artwork, etc). This was quite easy and just a copy of the first one.
Next up was to spend time on the front / back panels. Sections were cut of for the control panel wiring to pass through, along with using the router to create the speaker grill. I decided to have a grill on both player sides, although only P1 will have the speaker. The P2 grill will act only as a passive vent – but I think it gives the panel more character, making it less boring.
From there it was time to finally construct the box.
It came together very quickly and easily. I found it much easier than the two uprights – I could actually lift and move it around when needed.
Final task for this weekend was to get the floor (base) panel attached also.
A hole was cut for the power cable, along with additional pine supports which internal panels will be attached to (for the power supply, game board, test switches, etc.
Next up I need to sort out the monitor housing / support, along with constructing a small coin box. I also need to source another 15″ CRT – the one I had ready to go in this cab fell of a 1m tall drawer set, onto the concrete in the garage just recently. I’ve got 19″ and 21″ monitors, but both are too big