First on the agenda for this update was cleaning the underside of the red missile inserts and replacing their old bulbs. All 28 of them. Yes, that’s as exciting as it sounds…. Each row of 7 lamps are attached to a bank which can be unscrewed allowing better better access to the bulbs. But because each bank is wired to the next, it’s fiddly to get the bulbs in and out of. All the existing bulbs are #44’s. These will be replaced with #47’s.
All posts tagged lock
The keys for the head box had been lost somewhere in the past and the previous owner had drilled out the lock in the head box. While searching around in the cabinet when I first got the machine home, I found the left overs along with the hook which locks the head box door in place.
One of the first things I wanted to when I got the machine was have a look at the game board and power wiring. Most of this lives behind the backglass. There is a lock on the top right of the machine. Sadly this lock came with no key, and I could not locate one inside the machine. Looking at the lock, it appeared that the previous owner had also misplaced the keys as the lock itself looked like it had been attacked with a screwdriver. Using a screwdriver myself, I undid the lock.
With the lock undone, I could then slide the actual backglass up and out to reveal the bulbs, score displays and door containing the components.
The lock itself controls a long metal rail that runs across the top of the backglass. With the lock engaged, the backglass cannot be moved. With the lock open, it removes the metal rail, allowing the backglass to be slid up and out.
A few more bits arrived today (recent eBay purchases).
First up is the speaker and grill. It’s 10cm x 10cm in size (4″) and about 28mm in height, 5W 8 OHM. I may decided to put a larger speaker in to the final build of the cab, but I think this should be fine to start with. The Grill is made of a high impact plastic and roughly 12.5cm in size. This set me back around $9 (which included postage). The only issue I have is the connectors are slightly bigger than those running off the JAMMA harness. So i’m going to have to modify the connector on the harness to get it hooked up.
Secondly is a lock for the cab door. This will go on the front. I will be building something of a custom coin door. The plan is to have most of the cab built into the door, so using a proper coin door is out of the question (I’ve probably mentioned that already). This should do nicely. There are a variety of sizes available – this one is 23mm. It set me back around $5.