My Jurassic Park received HUGE play time over the Xmas and new year period. I’ve been loving my Jurassic Park so much, I decided to upgrade a few elements of it. I also had an issue pop up with the flipper coil stops, which i’ll cover here too. First up though is a sound upgrade. I love how PinSub enhanced the sound on my Black Knight: Sword of Rage. So much so that I had to have one for Jurassic Park. The kit is simple to install
Because I have two of them, I also purchased a small switch box that lets me toggle which game is fed into the sub. It means only 1 game can use it (unless I purchased a second sub), but for my purposes, this is fine as it would be very rare to have both my new Sterns being played at the same time.
A small issue I noticed just before Xmas was the left flipper would drop slightly when catching the ball. After inspecting the assembly, I found that the coil stop was loose and could be pushed out of the bracket. This seems to be a common issue for people on new Stern machines, with this game in particular popping up with the issue a little too frequently.
The machine was still under warranty, so a quick call to my distributor and replacement coil stops were posted to me. Less than 24 hours later I had the new one installed. Next item on my to so list was replace the factory black rubber with Titans. I ordered a full set of green Titan rubbers to install on the game, including the tapered post sleeves. Swapping the rubbers over was mostly painless, except for the raptor pit and a small section behind the corkscrew ramp (which had to be undone from below the playfield). I really like how the green looks on the game. It changes how the ball bounces, but after a few days of play I had adjusted to the new ball bounce.
To finish up this post, I’ll cover two new mods that arrived to install.
A small upgrade I wanted make to the shooter was adding a face plate to the housing. The rod was removed and the face plate installed. At some point in the future I’d love to get the lit amber rod as that looks amazing. It’s not cheap though 🙁
Last thing on my list was to install the raptor pit mod from Mezel mods. This adds some nice depth to the raptor pit, especially on the PRO model.
That’s it for the second update on work done to my Jurassic Park. The only real issue here was the coil stop, which was easily sorted. Everything else was just upgrading this awesome machine. The JP team have really knocked it out of the park with this game.