At the start of the project, I decided to keep track of money spent to see if I could stay within my budget. I originally set a budget of $900. That was for everything. Wood, paint, artwork, wiring, game board, controls, etc – everything. In the end, I spent just over $1200. I’m not too worried about going over the budget, as originally I was not going to use Galaga artwork, and just some generic art. The side panels, kick plate, marquee and control panel artwork all pushed the cost higher. Without those expenses, I would have been right on budget. With the finished result, I’m glad I spent extra.
Postage was quite expensive in the end. But that is spread over many purchases. Most of which was spent on two orders to the US for the artwork and control panel. Looking forward to the next project, I know that is one area I can cut back – a lot. Having a better understanding of exactly what I need to purchase, and the places I can get parts from, it’s smarter to order things at the same time and from the same place. I’m lucky that there were very few problems during the construction process, so very little way spent on fixing things. Some money was spent on things not used, but again looking forward, I can cut spending based on knowledge gained from this project.