Although painting is a little while off, I decided to start investigating the blue I will need to use. After having trouble getting the right yellow for the pacman cab, I figured I would start early and be ready once the time came.
This time, the colour turned out much simpler. First stop was to bunnings to collect some paint cards.
I selected colours I thought would be close, and then some which I felt were not close enough so I could get some idea of what colour felt best. Then it occurred to me to contact a friend from Aussie Arcade who actually restored a DK machine. If I could get the sample colours to him, he should be able to tell me which one suited best.
He went one better – and was able to give me the card name he used on his machine (the bottom one) – Dulux – A326 – Liberty.
The photo doesn’t show it well. but it’s greener than I had expected, and further away from blue that I had expected given the samples I collected. No matter – the paint colour is sorted.