I came into Day 2 excited after the great progress that was made on Day 1. We didnt get as much done as I had hoped, but I think that’s mainly due to the stage we are at. Time seems to fly while doing this, but at least we continued to move forward. Starting the day out, I installed the IEC switch at the back, along with the filter. A rectangular shaped cover was made for the power wiring, that will enclose it and protect anyone leaning into the cab (should they do so with the power on).
A coin door was also cut – although I think we will need to use some of the offcuts to cut a better door for the cab. I plan to use MDF, covered in some contact I had originally planned for the control panel. The door will feature a coin mech and lock. On the inside it will also have a counter and a tray to catch coins. This should feature in day 3’s work.
The monitor was also installed today. We didn’t lock it into place yet, as I suspect we may alter the height slightly once I get the screen perspex cut.
The power panel was cut, painted and components added. This will sit at the base of the cab, a small way back from the power box. The cable from the power board will run into the power box.
Also the artwork arrived today. The marquee, side panels, kick plate and CPO all ready to go. I still need to track down some bezel artwork however. The Midway blank control panel arrived too – very excited 🙂
A few other things were done, like speaker hole cut, first coat of paint at the base and some support for the rear door. Still plenty to do though so Day 3 is going to be a busy one. I suspect it will require a day 4, mainly because of time spent waiting for paint to dry.